Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Ice is Getting Thinner

It's so wild and fascinating how God changes the seasons. Although I do not completely understand the "why", "what," and "how" now, I know that one day in my Heavenly home I will be faced with the fullness of understanding.
The Lord has been reminding me of how I need to put an end to my striving of trying to figure everything out "piece by piece." It is not for me to know and understand for The Lord says, "my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are my ways your ways" (Isaiah 55:8).  
My heart deeply aches, and my eyes become swollen with tears, but The Lord hears my cries and sees my tears; He is my beautiful comfort to the pain embedded inside. He intervenes in the most wonderful of ways into my small, sheeplike world with utter gentleness and indescribable love. He has become more and more real to my heart as this time passes. Even though I wish to be completely healed, restored, and delivered from this situation already, I know I must allow myself the time to grieve in my Father's arms. This evening, I couldn't help but hear this song enter my mind from the depths of my broken heart. It truly captures what occurred between my brother in Christ and me during this wild season of our lives God allowed us to endure.

Here's to Death Cab for Cutie and their awesome music and to a relationship that has been one of the most impactful relationships in my life that God, by His sweet and saving grace, has ended:

"The Ice is Getting Thinner"

We're not the same, dear, as we used to be.
The seasons have changed and so have we.
There was little we could say, and even less we could do
To stop the ice from getting thinner under me and you.

We bury our love in the wintery grave
A lump in the snow was all that remained.
But we stayed by its side as the days turned to weeks
And the ice kept getting thinner with every word that we'd speak.

And when spring arrived
We were taken by surprise when the floes under our feet bled into the sea
And nothing was left for you and me.

We're not the same, dear,
And it seems to me
There's nowhere we can go
With nothing underneath.
And it saddens me to say
But we both know, well, it's true
That the ice was getting thinner
Under me and you.
The ice was getting thinner
Under me and you.

No comments:

Post a Comment